HERE ARE SOME BENEFITS OF FINDING & FIXING AIR LEAKS IN YOUR HOME.
- Less energy consumption & lower utility costs
- Helps prevent moisture condensation, dust, mold, mildew, and also breathing problems.
- Reduces uncomfortable drafts caused by cold, or also hot humid air, that’s leaking in from outside. Attic, crawl spaces, that air not good healthy air for you to breathe.
- Blower door test helps determine how much ventilation is needed to improve indoor air quality. As well as how to get fresh air into your home.
- Blower door test will also help you find out how some of the dust comes into your home.
How a blower door test works:
A blower door test helps locate air leaks in a house and also is typically performed before and after air sealing. Showing you how big hold would be in your home if they were in one place. How does it do this? A blower door uses a special fan that’s mounted in the frame of an exterior door to pull air out of the house. This lowers the air pressure inside.
The pressure difference between the air inside and outside the house forces the outside air in through all cracks and openings. You have good and bad air coming into your home. Blower doors will show how to stop the bad air from coming into your home. Making a better environment for your children to live in
A blower door test can help determine areas of your home that need air sealing and also more insulation. As a qualified home energy contractor, we can recommend and provide the best solutions for treating your home’s comfort and energy problems. Head’s Heating & Air Conditioning provides home energy improvements and insulation upgrades in south Alabama Baldwin & Mobile Co. For an accurate diagnosis of air leakage in your home, contact us today to schedule your blower door test and comprehensive home energy, comfort, healthy home assessment!